- Graduate of Appying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice 2017*
- Naturopathic nutrition diploma from the College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Senior Associate of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Associate Member of Patrick Holford’s Zest4Life nutrition and weightloss programme, offering motivational health coaching
- Kinesiology practitioner
- Member of IFM (the Institute for Functional Medicine), BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy) and CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council)
- 20 years experience of dealing with chronic conditions
- Iridology diploma from the College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Assistant Clinical Supervisor for the College of Naturopathic Nutrition
- I also undertake regular continuous professional development to keep my knowledge and skills up to date
*What is Functional Medicine?
Functional Medicine emphasizes a definable and teachable processof integrating multiple knowledge bases within a pragmatic intellectual matrix that focuses on functionality at many levels, rather than a single treatment for a single diagnosis. Functional Medicine uses the patient’s story as a key tool for integrating diagnosis, signs and symptoms, and evidence of clinical imbalances into a comprehensive approach to improve both the patient’s environmental inputs and his or her physiological function.
The Institute for Functional Medicine teaches healthcare professionals how to apply these principles in practice through an intensive 5-day course called Applying Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice.
I attended and completed the AFMCP-UK training in London in 2017.